The fun part is that you don’t need a pricey developer account in order to obtain the release; it is available for download for anyone and everyone with a simple signup. Furthermore, the Feedback Assistant app will help you get your valuable review to Apple in a much easier way.
For developers, in particular, the beta version can be obtained from developer.apple.com/download
Here are top 5 reasons to motivate you to test run the iOS 11 on your Apple device.
1. Integrated files app
This is some serious improvement. Now you can access cloud storage accounts like iCloud, Dropbox and more alongside device storage from all your synced Apple devices at one place!
2. Split Screen and multitasking
Apple creates a beautiful and fun way of using multiple apps at the same time in a split screen view.Just pick the app from the dock and throw it on the screen. Pretty and efficient.
3. AR apps
Augmented Reality will be a key feature in iOS 11. The ARKit framework will allow apps to perform actions in an immersive augmented environment.
4. Customizable Control Center
This one, particularly for iPhone, will allow you to access a lot more things in the Control Center and you can choose what you want there.
5. AirPlay 2 Controls
This is my favorite! Control music in your entire home with your iPhone. Rock the volume, change the song and do much more!
How to install the iOS 11 beta?
Backing up current iOS 10.
- The installation is simple and easy to carry out but you’ll need a backup of your current iOS to keep you safe from losing out on vital data, hence you will create an archived backup of your iOS 10 first. To do this:
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your PC and open iTunes.
- Let it recognize your device and then click on the icon that pops up in the menu bar.
- In the center, you’ll be able to see the previous backups and options for creating a new one.
- Check the “This Computer” option.
- Then click on the “Back Up Now” button.
- Click on Encrypt Backup. (This will add a password to your newly created backup)
- Press the command key or click on the iTunes option in the top left corner and choose Preferences.
- Click on the Devices tab on the window that’ll appear.
- You’ll see your phone listed over there, right click on it and choose Archive from the options.
Signing up and installing iOS 11
- Head to beta.apple.com on your Apple device.
- Tap on Sign Up button and enter your Apple ID and password.
- Sign in to your profile and accept the terms and conditions.
- Then click on the iOS tab and then tap on “Download Profile”
- Install by entering your passcode.
- The device will restart to iOS 11.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- Tap on “Download and Install” and enter your passcode.
Enjoy the new Apple experience! You can share your feedback from Feedback Assistant app that’ll be included in this beta version. It’ll be lying around on the home screen itself.
Quick Facts about the Apple Beta Software Program
- There is no fee for joining the program and neither is there a compensation for the same.
- The device data will be kept confidential.
- Running the iOS 11 Beta won’t affect your device hardware warranty.
- The Developer Beta and Public Beta are not the same thing.
- You can always opt out from the program by visiting https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll
|Apple Developer Programs|
|Apple Beta Program FAQ|
|Gadget Hacks – iOS & Phone|